The NMR Applications Scientist provides applications support to the Sales and Marketing team through demonstrations of NMR products to existing and potential customers. The position involves demonstrating the product line to customers. Other responsibilities include participating in the development and delivery of NMR training courses.
The NMR Applications Scientist will:
- Demonstrate the full capabilities of NMR products to existing and potential customers in the applications lab, at customer sites, and scientific conferences
- Provide clear reports from sample data acquired at demos or from customer samples to promote our NMR products.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales, and marketing pre and post sale
- Assist Product Managers with the evaluation of new products, software, or accessories
- Maintain technical data pertaining to JEOL instruments and competitor’s instrumentation
- Participate in development and delivery of training for NMR customers
- Collaborate with R&D and Marketing to promote JEOL NMR systems
- Develop expertise with developing NMR applications and methods
NMR Applications Scientist Requirements:
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry or related discipline
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of liquids NMR applications and methods, knowledge of solid-state NMR a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Up to 30% travel is anticipated
What we offer:
- Competitive financial compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k match and company contribution
- Educational assistance and professional development
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Generous paid vacation, sick, family sick, personal, and community service benefits
The JEOL legacy has been one of outstanding innovation in developing instruments used to advance scientific research and technology. JEOL has 60 years of expertise in the field of electron microscopy, more than 50 years in mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry, and more than 40 years of e-beam lithography leadership. JEOL USA, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of JEOL Ltd. Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The primary business of JEOL USA is sales of new instruments and peripherals and support of a vast installed base of instruments throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online at www.jeolusa.com/careers. Applicants that need an accommodation to apply should email email@example.com. To learn more about our culture and work environment view employee videos at http://www.jeolusa.com/ABOUT-US/Career-Opportunities/Working-at-JEOL
JEOL USA, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applications from minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.