The JEOL legacy has been one of outstanding innovation in developing instruments used to advance scientific research and technology. JEOL has 70 years of expertise in the field of electron microscopy, more than 60 years in mass spectrometry and NMR spectrometry, and more than 50 years of e-beam lithography leadership. JEOL USA, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of JEOL Ltd. Japan, was incorporated in the United States in 1962. The primary business of JEOL USA is sales of new instruments and peripherals and support of a vast installed base of instruments throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
Business Development Manager – Drug Discovery & Bioscience
Inthis newly created position, you will contribute to JEOL global marketing by identifying bioscience market segments in the US and building strategic industry relationships. Expand market penetration and brand awareness of JEOL products as Drug Discovery and Bioscience solutions.
- Utilize your expertise on the US bioscience landscape and industry developments to recommend JEOL solutions
- Leverage professional networking to generate and develop leads and identify quality bid opportunities within the bio-community
- Identify the customer’s value chain, critical success factors, and key initiatives on which our business plan and sales strategies are developed
- Develop executable strategies to identify potential new markets and business opportunities, increase market share, and achieve a competitive position
- Partner with product development to communicate market needs, user feedback, and solution-market fit
- Collaborate with the sales team by providing expert technical guidance to potential customers
- Represent JEOL at industry events, webinars, trade shows, conferences, and symposiums
- Advanced degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biology or Engineering; PhD preferred
- 7-10 years’ of business development experience with a scientific instrument company; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 20% domestic and international travel
- A valid driver’s license, safe driving record, passport, and Covid-19 vaccination required
- Hybrid schedule
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance without deductibles
- 401K with match and employer contribution
- Generous paid time off & community service benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to view our online videos and apply online at http://www.jeolusa.com/careers
JEOL USA, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applications from minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Analytical Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Bioscience, Drug Discovery, Customer Service, Scientific Instruments, Business Development, Marketing, Sales