Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Part-Time, Remote Contract (1099)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, payable by check, bi-weekly.
The Administrative Coordinator for the Northeastern Section of the American Chemical Society (NESACS) provides administrative, secretarial, clerical, and bookkeeping support to the NESACS Leadership, Committee Chairs, and general NESACS membership. The Administrative Coordinator reports directly to the NESACS elected Secretary. Specific tasks will vary depending on the ongoing programming and time of the year. The Administrative Coordinator should be skilled in creating documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, basic website design and social media. Key high level job requirements:
- Support NESACS Symposia, Awards, and Monthly Meetings. Tasks may include:
- Advertising on Constant Contact / Eventbrite and other social media platforms
- Complete fundraising applications with corporate sponsors
- Issue invoices for sponsors and advertisers
- Local arrangements with facility / caterers/ AV teams
- Arrange formal invitations (mailed and / or electronic)
- Manage RSVP lists / Wait lists.
- Preparing Award Certificates / Plaques / Name Tags.
- Joining committee meetings and maintaining a calendar to support Committee Chairs to stay “on schedule”.
- manage reimbursements for relevant expenses
- Support NESACS members written requests
- Monitor and respond as appropriate to the NESACS business mailbox (online and postal) on a regular basis.
- Respond to member inquiries as received. Forward inquiries to appropriate NESACS leadership / members.
- Working with the NESACS webmaster, update, and help maintain web content as needed
- Working with the NESACS Leadership and Committee leaders to craft announcements / bulletins to be sent to the section membership as needed.
- Support section’s bookkeeping and financial recordkeeping and treasurer support for timely activities and requests
- Document best practices and develop process for NESACS admin calendar
- Proficient with GMail/general email maintenance and best practices
- Constant Contact announcement management
- Able to create posts for Facebook/LinkedIn for section events
- Familiar with Eventbrite
- Google Calendar management
- Creating and organizing a Google Drive
- QuickBooks and basic bookkeeping skills
- Familiarity with NESACS or other scientific society’s activities is beneficial
Is this THE job for you or maybe even a friend? Send qualifications and CV to email@example.com
The mission of the Northeastern Section of the American Chemical Society (ACS) is the advancement of chemistry and chemical engineering, the promotion of research, the improvement of the qualifications of members through high standards of educational and professional ethics, the increase and diffusion of chemical knowledge, and the promotion of scientific interests and inquiry.
Our parent organization, the ACS, was founded in 1876 and chartered by the U.S. Congress, and we are one of the world’s largest scientific organizations with more than 173,000 individuals in our global community across 140 countries. Our mission is to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of Earth and all its people. Our vision is to improve all people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry.