The Scientist will perform general manufacturing duties at MilliporeSigma. Solves problems in existing synthetic procedures and develops synthetic routes and methodology for research products. Provides technical support in field of expertise. This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
- Work in laboratory environment with exposure to variety of hazardous chemicals and potential neurotoxins.
- Wear all mandated personal protective equipment, which might include gloves, respirators, lab coats, face shields and other PPE.
- Work with chemicals and laboratory equipment such as flammable solvents, corrosive materials and toxic chemicals.
- Lifting and moving of equipment up to 25lbs weight and/or bulk.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. in Chemistry or Organic Chemistry or related fields with 3+ years of experience in a scientific field OR
- MS or BS Chemistry or Organic Chemistry or related fields with 5+ years of experience in a relevant scientific field such as organic or medicinal chemistry.
- 5+ years in an industrial setting.
- Extensive knowledge of their field of expertise, such as advanced synthetic organic methods, medicinal chemistry, or biochemistry.
- Independent design and documentation; review communications of Jr. staff.
- Demonstrated expertise in relevant areas of department or group.
- Critical thinking; Provide training; Independent problem research/solving.
- Broad knowledge of other fields related to production and analytical methodologies.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems in laboratory processes.
- Ability to bring assignments to completion independently, requires minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DEA regulations.
- General knowledge of other scientific fields relevant to the use of products being developed.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including technical documentation.
- Effective knowledge of computers and software in laboratory environment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.Job Requisition ID: 238585Location: BurlingtonCareer Level: B – Recent University Graduate(<1 year of experien